First DT sample and video for Blockwallah!

Here's my first sample as a Design Team member for Blockwallah! I had great fun with this, recycling a shadow box frame I got from a charity shop.

Here's the video showing how I created this, on YouTube:


I used a shadow box from a charity shop, and a piece of cereal box to recycle into a frame.


I created a crackle glaze effect on the frame (dark brown acrylic first, followed by the crackle effect and topped with antique white acrylic) and did the same with the box interior. 


Next, I stamped with metallic acrylic paint thickened with gel medium for texture. The inner box was layered with coffee dyed paper, also stamped, and the same paisley wood block used throughout. 


The decals were created by stamping into paper clay. 


Finishing touches were metal filigree corners, buttons (with tiny flat back pearls inside), fibre and ruffled sari ribbon.

Wood block from BLOCKWALLAH

Comments