Life Drawing

 I think life drawing, from a real live model (hence the name, lol) cannot be beaten for honing your drawing skills. However, some are not comfortable as the models are usually nude! So if this is a shocker for you, you might like to skip reading this post....


I thought I'd add a face first, so when this shows in the thumbnail pix, there's nothing to offend. Also, please appreciate these are all quick gesture sketches, from 10 minutes to 30 minutes, no more time allowed.

KEN

This is Ken, by the way, an elderly man in his late 60s. And I took the course at Chiswick, London, as part of their Adult Education package. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to afford these models!





LOUISA

A model in her 20s





NO IDEA

Sorry, I've forgotten her name - she only came to the class on one occasion



This is a long post, so I'll put the pastel drawings into the next one.

One thing I did discover - I draw large! I ended up on A2 paper, couldn't cope with A4.


Comments