Best of Days - mad floral journal page for Polkadoodles

It's hot - very hot - so today it had to be a really summery mad floral journal page! I'm using the Best of Days and Belle Papillon stamp sets by Polkadoodles.

To start, I painted a basic layer of acrylics in green orange and yellow on my page, and blended with plenty of water to form a wash. Next, I added the Heavenly circles stencil, using a palette knife and structure paste. When dry, I over-painted with watercolour in greens and oranges, wiping away the excess.

The next step was the background papers, layered on top of each other and a strip added across to ground my piece.

I stamped and cut out a butterfly, sentiment and five flowers from the Best of Days set, painted them with watercolours and cut them out. I also used the Belle Papillon stamp set to stamp 'Have a fabulous day' onto white card, cut this into a flag shape, then painted with watercolours.

Final touches:
I glued all these in place, then  die cut flower and leaf shapes from some old book pages using the Flowers 1 die set. And then watercoloured those as well! Finally, I added Glossy Accents to the dots on the flowers and the butterfly, plus little 'gems' from my stash.



Comments