POLKADOODLES - Making Faces journal page

Today's post is a fun journal page, using the Polkadoodles Making Faces stamp set!
This came together quite quickly - I brayered acrylic paint as a background colour, then stencilled on the Distressed Trellis using structure paste for a lot of dimension. Next, I tinted the dried structure paste with watercolour paints, letting the paint soak in.
I used papers from the 6x6 Posydoodles Designer Craft Paper pack and stencilled the Distressed Trellis stencil again, using Distress Oxide inks in Shabby Shutters and Tumbled Glass.
I stamped the face twice with Archival ink in Black, each time wiping the ink off the hairline so that I could add my own hair. The shapes for the glasses, butterfly, hair and bodies are all from the Magic Garden Stamp Soup set.
You can see the body on the left doesn't actually meet the head... I cheated, and added little flat-back stones to suggest a necklace!
I cut sentiments from the same paper pack, added Glossy Accents on the glasses, and job done! I hope you like it.

Products used:
Polkadoodles Magic Garden Stamp Soup set
Polkadoodles Making Faces stamp set
Polkadoodles Distressed Trellis stencil
Polkadoodles Posydoodles Designer Craft Papers
Collall 3D Decoupage Glue Gel

Also:
Lace, pearls and flat back gems from my stash
Watercolour paints
Clear overlay sparkle pen

Comments