FLORAL PALETTE - Just Lou 'Botanical' collection

This time, I've upcycled a plywood painter's palette to create an art piece. I've used a flower cluster stamp from the Just Lou 'Botanical' collection by Louise Withers for StudioLight.

First, a layer of pale sage chalk paint. Next, I stencilled with white gesso to add texture.
I stamped the flower cluster three times using Archival ink in black, and used acrylic paints to add colour. I used more sage chalk paint on the handles of the paint brushes, and decoupaged some little flowers from the die cut book. Next, a layer of decoupage varnish, then I tied them into a bundle wth hairy string. Finally, I mixed some acrylics with heavy gel to make the paint look as though it's dripped down, and applied this with a palette knife.
I added Glossy Accents to pick out the inner petals of the flowers, then added a second coat when dry. Final touches were little pieces of ephemera from the die cut book that features in the kit.

Comments