POLKADOODLES Floral Cascade

This time, I thought I'd do a Polkadoodles card with mad florals, with all the flowers cascading down from the main image!

I've used a piece of plain white 12x12 paper, folded in half to make a very tall card.
I stamped the main image from the Flower Collage stamp set at the top of the card, and watercoloured it. The main outline of the stamp is painted around with light blue watercolour, faded out at the edges. I also added a large area of green below to act as grass (also faded out at the edges, using a paintbrush and lots of water, blotting with kitchen roll as I worked).
Next, I stamped lots of flowers, leaves and butterflies using Versafine ink in Black (permanent when dry, so it doesn't run when you add watercolour). Once painted, I cut them all out.
The phrase is from the Sentimentals stamp set, stamped with black ink onto white card, cut out and edged with a pink marker pen (held sideways to make the wobbly line).

Finally, I arranged the largest flowers where I wanted them and used hot glue to adhere them. Next, I added the small flowers, leaves and butterflies. Finishing touches were a little glitter on the small flowers, pearls for the centres for the flower centres, and a little Glossy Accents here and there.

TIP:
When painting the leaves, flowers and butterflies, I used watercolour with quite a lot of water to dilute the paint. Then, while the paint was still wet, I was able to drop in different colours. The water allows the paint to diffuse and mix all on its own, and it's a really pretty effect which takes seconds to do!

STAMPS USED
Polkadoodles Flower Collage stamp set
Polkadoodles Sentimentals stamp set

ALSO USED
Versafine ink: Black
Glossy Accents
Watercolour
Flat-back pearl beads
Pink marker pen

Comments