POLKADOODLES - Flip out folio with pockets and tags

Today's project is a sweet little pocket folio, which flips out to show pockets and tags. I've used the Polkadoodles Special Times stamp set for my main images.

I used a piece of oyster pearlised card 15cm x 42cm, and scored this at 21cm (halfway) and then at 6cm from each end, folding over to form the flaps for the folio.
Next, I used one of the dies from the Scenic Landscape set (any pretty border stamp would be perfect for this). I cut a border from each end, and also to cut a piece of the background paper from the Butterfly Daisy collection. I lined each side of the flip outs, so that the edges would show.
I lined the central sections with papers from the Butterfly Daisy collection, and cut extra flowers from the striped daisy paper which was left over from creating the flaps, and also cut little rectangles to face the pockets. I used a corner rounder punch to neaten the edges, and mounted these onto scraps of aqua card.
The flap on the right has a pocket made from more of the decorative paper. I fussy cut around the edges, but only glued on the long left edge and at the bottom, so the tag would fit inside.

Finishing touches were lots of stamped butterflies, birds and dragonflies from the Special Times stamp set. All the flowers on the tags were from the Time to Bloom stamp set. I also added touches of gold paint, glossy accents here and there, and little gem stones. All images were painted with watercolours, but any paint pen would also work perfectly.

I stamped the girl from the Special Times set twice, first on watercolour paper. I then stamped just the middle section onto decorative papers from the Butterfly Daisy collection, and cut out the dress, layering this over the full figure once painted.

I've used:
Polkadoodles Special Times stamp set
Polkadoodles Time to Bloom stamp set
Polkadoodles Scenic Landscape dies
Polkadoodles Butterfly Daisy 6x6 papers

I also used:
Watercolour paints, sequins, gems, Glossy Accents and pearlised card. Also scraps of aqua card to form the pockets and the piece on the front of the card.

I hope you like it - it was great fun to do, not complicated, and actually very quick to make, apart from the fussy cutting (I'm hopeless at it, LOL).

Comments