My 1st Imagination Crafts DT project

Hi gang! Not only am I highly delighted to be on the Imagination Crafts Design Team - here's my very first official DT project!

The vintage image is rice paper, and I've added dimension by stencilling some text and a partial wing from the Dragonfly Textures stencil with Imagination Crafts Structure Paste.


The flowers are from the Birdcage & Cogs stencil - with blue Fashion Spray on the back of the stencil, then pressed onto white card (using it like a stamp). I picked up some of the colour with a wet paintbrush and dragged it out to create pastel blue roses, which I then cut out and mounted with glue gel. I particularly like this spray as it's the perfect shade of French Blue - almost a cobalt.


I tore round the rice paper image and glued it to thin card, then cut closely around part of the image with scissors and used a damp brush to tear around the rest of the image to save those feather edges, as they blend right into the background. I used a craft knife around the hat, then glued lace behind it, sticking down with glue gel for dimension.


The blue bird is from the same rice paper sheet, also glued to thin card and cut out (this give it a bit of stiffness and body). I also placed it so the wings and tail were off the edge of the canvas, for more movement.


The flower was great fun - individual petals die cut with one of Sheena Douglas's huge Form A Flower dies, sprayed with water and scrunched up with my fingers. Once dry, flattened out and stamped with a texture and over-painted with Sky Blue Starlights paint. The stamen was from the same die collection with red Sparkle Medium on the edges, finished off with a button!

I really enjoyed this one - hope you like it!

Comments