Faux vellum effect Library Pocket


I think my mojo is finally coming back - I was hit by the crafting urge today, and felt like making something. That something was a Library Pocket - always useful, whether you journal or scrapbook or like adding ephemera to your planner.


Here's a video of my take on the technique, plus a little 'how to' on making a Library Pocket.



This particular pocket doesn't need any measurements - I simply sized the images to fit an A4 (letter size) sheet of text weight paper (the cheap everyday paper you use in printers and photocopiers).


I've been watching a lot of YouTube videos and came across one by Aristi Moorjackie showing the faux vellum technique, using olive oil. There are several others around, but this was the one I liked the best (she has some really nice samples).



I used Serif Craft Artist 2 (any graphics programme would work, including Paint) and some digi printables from the Polkadoodles Belle Papier CD Rom (no affil, but I bought it and love it).


Do give the technique a try - great fun, and not too messy either.



Comments