SHABBY CHIC PAINTED WOODEN CRAFT or CD STORAGE SPINNER - MAKEOVER

This was a really boring and slightly ugly wooden CD/storage spinner ... till I got my hands on it!

Here's how I did it...

Step 1 - removed the shelves
Step 2 - unscrewed the turntable mechanism
Step 3 - gave it a really good wash and a light sanding, to provide a key for the paint

I used Rust-o-leum Chalk Paint, two coats overall, including under the shelves
Done! Two coats of chalk paint, then stamping with a foam stamp and Artist Quality acrylic paints by PaperArtsy in several colours: Ice Blue, Guacamole, Lime and Chalk White
The inside of the shelves - I painted them top and underneath, and stamped on top, as well as the sides and back of the inside.
The top

This takes CDs, Prima sprays, Dylusions sprays etc - and it spins around! Great space saver.
Plenty of room for PaperArtsy paint bottles - also fits Martha Stewart paints etc.

I think it's a whole lot prettier than the original brown varnished wood. And the more beat up it gets, over time, the more Shabby Chic it's going to look!

Comments