VOICES - Gelli Plate mono print


VOICES - this is a monoprint I've just finished, using the Gelli Plate and IndigoBlu stamps. The silhouette shape is a stencil I made, cutting round a figure from a magazine which I've then laminated. Came out pretty well, I think.


I used a page from an old text book for the print. The base layer was a mix of Antique White and a pale turquoise - both craft acrylics (the cheap ones, ready mixed in a bottle). I placed the stencil on top and left it in place while I brayered deep pink and deep turquoise onto the plate, then removed the stencil. This was the second layer.


Next, I stamped the IndigoBlu Honeycomb Background stamp using Ranger's Archival Black ink, and topped this with IndigoBlu Mechanics background stamp. I held the stamp in my hand (not on a block) to get partial images - again, with Archival Black ink.

Finally, I stamped the phrase in Archival black, the chemical formula in Archival Red and the lightbulb in Archival Sepia - all from IndigoBlu's Beautiful Mind stamp set. The black circle shapes in the corners are giant snap fastensers.

I started off creating this as a journal page - now I'm thinking it could go in a frame? I'm really pleased with this one.



Comments