ELEPHANT Perpetual Calendar



I've been really busy, so not much time for posting! Here's what I've been up to: I am now on the Design Team for Colouricious, and also writing tutorials for them - which will shortly be available as instant downloads from their site - on how to block print on paper etc.


I've done a load of samples - this Elephant Perpetual Calendar was done for the Knitting & Stitching Show at Olympia in earlier this month (13 March, as you can see from the calendar).


Closeup view- I've used self-adhesive foam numbers from a scrapbooking kit, then painted them with copper Lumiere acrylics.


I created one large sheet of artwork (heavyweight Bockingford watercolour paper) and smooshed acrylic inks for a base coat of colour, using red, yellow, and a touch of blue. These blended into a rainbow of colour which I then overstamped with a tree block, using black acrylic. I then cut this down to size to fit the sides, back and blocks.

...and the back view...

To me, it's just as important the back is as nicely finished as the front. Here, I've used a corner rounder punch to echo the shape of the wood edges.

I've stamped the elephant twice, then cut out portions which I've decoupaged onto the first image using Pinflair Glue Gel for dimension. And of course I've had to add glitter glue to her toenails etc!

And here she is, in glorious closeup!

Hope you like the calendar, and that it gives you a few ideas.

Comments