RAIN journal spread

The background is a wash of pink, red and yellow acrylics over vintage book pages, and I've stamped over the top with a foam stamp. The word RAIN is in white pen, with 'snow' Stickles glue added on top. Far right, I've added ric rac braid on the page edge.
This time, I thought I'd share this 'Rain' spead - nice & bright and a bit of fun... I've used just the one stamp - first with red acrylic as a background, and then over that with gesso. Once the gesso was dry, I overpainted wiht watercolours, then added a little glitter.

Closeup showing the glitter, and the multi layering of the pinks and reds of the stamped image built up as a background.
I hand-lettered with white poster paint pen (Posca) then added a drop shadow in black. I added dots of turquoise Lumiere acrylic paint, dotting it on from a fine-tip plastic bottle then more dots of white acrylic (also decanted into a fine-tip plastic bottle).

And a closeup from a different angle, showing the background stamped in pinks and reds over a pink and yellow background wash.
And another view. I do love being able to read the background text - I think it adds a whole other dimension. Interestingly, it also strengthens a fragile and porous vintage book page (this is one of my handmade journals using a mix of watercolour, vintage text, sheet music and other papers).

Enjoy!

Comments