Quickie foot update

Just off for a shower - Him Indoors amused himself highly by using the 'Fragile' parcel tape to wrap the bin bag round my leg to keep the dressings dry. Bless.
This is just a short update to let you know I'm slowly getting back to normal. I've not been posting as I've not just had the foot op (which is doing nicely).

I'm breaking the post here, so anyone not interested in seeing gory details can just skip right over this post. Click the red Read More sign just below ...



Nice neat dressing (the first was bulkier, more interesting, but I forgot my camera for that session. This was after 2 weeks)
The stitches after two weeks - doesn't look too bad at all, does it! They removed two or three neuromas (nobody has atually told me how many, but I know two were planned) plus a little chip of bone. I broke the 3rd and 4th toes several times, walking into kitchen cupboards etc. I'm really clumsy!
The taking out of the stitches. Didn't hurt a bit! The physio did though ....

I've now had my stitches out and am walking around, although using a walking stick for support.) I've also had a really bad attack of flu, with a lingering cough that's gone on for weeks (in spite of antibiotics) followed up with a nice bout of conjuntivitis. Hence I've been staying off the computer as my eyes are so sore. Plus, I couldn't get into my (cramped) computer alcove.They always say things go in threes, so I'm hoping that's used up my quota of nasties for a while.

On a more cheerful note, I do have some upcoming projects to post - I've done a makeover on a little Ikea drawer unit I was just given (thanks Freyja!) which is very simple, but does show what a bit of left-over emulsion and some vintage paper can do.

Comments