PINK ROSE JOURNAL for Pink Saturday

Showing the stitching on the spine
Here's one of my very favourite book formats: the Coptic stitch. I just love how the exposed stitching shows on the spine.

Rose signature wraps on alternate signatures. The paper throughout is vintage (1970s) Abbey Mills in Slate, a lovely dove grey, really ususual, and a perfect 115gsm weight. Perfect for writing or drawing, strong enough for collage.

Displaying the whole book - A5 size. I used an Anna Griffin scrapbooking paper for the covers and signature wraps. On the cover, I've collaged a vintage photograph, a wine label and cut out a flower (Tim Holtz's 'Tattered Florals' die) which I curled over my fingers to shape the petals. I added dimension and supported the petals with silicone glue.


I've also added photo corners, Broderie Anglais lace and die cut borders. And finished off with a couple of vintage buttons.

This shows the signature wraps - I used two layers of the rose paper, back-to-back, so they can be left as is, or a pocket or envelope added in between the layers.

Hope you like this! And if you want to have a try yourself, I have a tutorial (with photos and my own hand-drawn illustrations) in my Etsy shop. I've also listed the journal.

pink saturday

Finally, please visit Beverly at How Sweet the Sound to see all the other wonderful Pink Saturday posts!

Comments