LET YOUR IMAGINATION FLY - JOURNAL PAGE

Scrapbooking papers, giftwrap, vintage postage stamps, chipboard bunting overpainted with gesso and acrylics and dotted round with a blue metallic marker pen (matching the word 'soar')
Another completed journal page.

Let Your Imagination Fly - this is in my Life&Loves journal. I have a feeling I'll probably do some more tinkering some time down the line... when is 'finished' really FINISHED, lol?

Here, I've used vintage lace on both page edges (dipped in tea to 'antique' it a little) and the In Flight phrase is a stamp image by Tattered Angels, from their butterfly scrapbooking set. I've used Stickles in Ruby Slippers over the top of the letters - lush! The phrases are vintage text cut from an old copy of Peter Pan, gesso over the top. I've drawn back into the bird with a fine pen, and doodled in some flowers etc.

Clopseup of the crackle on the chipboard butterfly
The chipboard butterfly was stamped and embossed, then sprayed, then I added more ink, some gesso, a thick coat of Distress Crackle in Rock Candy - and finally some Distress Ink (Mahogany) worked into the cracks when dry.

Closeup of the figure
The figure is a photograph of a little girl, cut out of a magazine. Which I then didn't like. So I used baby wipes alternated with Duraglit to remove the colour off the image, added a watered-down coat of gesso and stamped over the top, then sanded back and added some acrylic paint. Once it was all dry, I drew around the image with a paint pen. Next, I used a waterbrush to flood the paint,  blending out the colour to form a sort of halo around the image.

Finally I added all the lettering by hand. Hated the lettering in the background as it was too dominant, so out came the gesso and then the acrylic (white) added with a sponge and partially blotted off. For the word 'soar' I used a metallic pen in blue, then drew a border around to finish.

Hope you like it!

Comments