COOL BRITANNIA - CONFIGURATION TRAY

'Cool Britannia' Configurations Tray - copyright Susie Jefferson

Here's my Cool Britannia contribution for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. I'm really pleased with how this turned out.
Closeup showing the swags, flags and pennants

I used a Tim Holtz Configuration Tray and painted the insides of the boxes with white acrylic paint, then altenated scrapbook paper and glitter card to line the insides (the back sections only). I also painted the actual tray - base coat of white acrylic, then a crackle effect with white pearl over the top.

Extreme closeup - I added Stickles glue to Her Majesty's crown and necklace, for extra bling

I had a wild time teaching the class yesterday. I've been promised photos! It'll be great to see other interpretations of this theme.

Showing some of the goodies in the little trays

I've added old postage stamps, a toy aeroplane and vintage hand carved wooden guardsmen (found on a car boot sale), some wood chess pieces, old bottle caps, repro ration book and key ring charms (telephone box, bus, heart, etc). Half the fun is the hunt for these items!

The letters are chipboard, which I covered with Glossy Accents and then Stampendous Glass Glitter in Silver ('Diamond' word) and BladeRubber's  own Champagne glitter ('Jubilee). You'll notice I used a little flatback 'diamond' to dot each 'i'.

The word 'London' was cut from scrapbook paper - it's the exact same font and colour used for the old London Underground posters, so a really lucky find.

Cool Britannia, la la lalala laaaaaa.....

Comments