ILLUSION - new card



I've been busy making sample cards for classes at Blade Rubber, and here is the one for my Beautiful Backgrounds class (using Twinkling H20s and Cosmic Shimmer paints).

I adore these paints as they have a wonderful glimmer when dry. The effect you see here is painted watercolour paper (I used several different colours) then a piece of crumpled cling film put on top. Take the cling film off when the paper is dry, and there you have it - a pattern which reminds me of frost on a window pane.

All I did then was to cut the paper into two sections: one as the background, and the other was stamped and then trimmed down. The remaining scraps were used as well. A long strip lined the inside of the card at the edge, and the last little bit was where I stamped 'Illusion' (PaperArtsy).  I used a Martha Stewart edge punch for a little detail, wrapped the background piece before I mounted it to a folded card, then added the key, diamante brads etc.

Very moody blues, suits the season (the stamp is Leonardo Lady, to order from Blade Rubber Stamps). It's one of those images that would suit a birthday, wedding... or in this case, Valentine's Day is fast approaching...

Hope you like it!

Comments