PATIENTLY WAITING


Sorry to everyone who's wondering where I am, and why no posts! Because I am a Lady In Waiting, waiting for my new baby - I am finally able to afford a NEW computer!

It's been quite a saga with the old one, as many of you will have read, so I won't bore you with that again. Suffice to say, usually you need to ScanDisc and Defragment your computer weekly (certainly monthly, to keep it running nicely and clear out all the old stuff that's slowing it down). I've been defragmenting daily - sometimes twice a day, and it's like running through wet sand, the poor thing is so slow.


Well, I ordered and paid for one last week - all ready to update to Windows 7 - and guess what I got? A computer without an operating system, and the updated graphics card I paid extra for was only for XP and Vista. So not exactly updated, was it? The clincher was that I couldn't even open the CD/DVD drawer to insert the disc to activate the motherboard. So, in other words, a heap of junk that wouldn't work at all. This, from a company that was recommended. It went STRAIGHT back!



Isn't this a sight to instill a little glow of pride?
You'll be glad to know I got an expedited refund, and bought another one on the same day the refund came through (Friday) - so I've just bought a 12.8Ghz Quad Core 8GB 1TB desktop HDMI Windows 7 computer with an updated  graphics card:Radeon 1GB HD 5450. So I have some serious power under the hood and cannot wait to get my hot little hands on it! And it's off eBay!

I'll keep you posted.

Comments