INCOMMUNICADO!

Just a quick email from an internet cafe to let you know my poor computer has Finally Died.

Even with my reboot discs - which it couldn't read, and kept repeating Fatal Error, Fatal Error (I nearly gave it one with my husband's lump hammer...) it still couldn't be saved, so I'm surfing for a new one.

To go with an all-in-one or not, that is the question. I have a nearly new 22inch LG monitor, so do I need a touch screen one where I have to stretch my arms up? Remember, I suffer from RSI and have the ergonomic keyboard and a rollerball mouse to prove it.They look very good, they save lots of space - but are also very expensive. I need 1TB under the hood minimum, and a 1TB graphics capability, plus a min of 4GB memory.

Plus I don't want a load of rubbish under the hood that a lot of manufacturers seem to feel they have to pile in - it all uses up memory! And don't you just RESENT being given a trial version of Windows Office then be forced to purchase the licence? as if the machine doesn't cost enough...

So - I'm wounded in action - I have hauled the machine to a repair centre but don't hold out much hope as I think it's the motherboard.

RIP oh treasured friend!

Comments