TIM HOLTZ STYLE - MY DISTRESSED CANVAS CLASS

My finished piece
Now I've got my wonderful new camera (with face recognition, camera shake correction etc etc) I'm a lot braver about taking photographs - and thought you'd like to see the results of the Tim Holtz Style class I taught at Rainbow Silks last Saturday (12 March).

This was as far as I got in class - I wasn't that happy: I felt it needed... something....  I regretted placing the cartouche over the original stamped image (Claudine Hellmuth's 2-piece set of foam stamps & outline stamps). The whole piece felt kind of straggly...
The finished piece - I removed the clock face & cartouche (bottom right) which I'd stuck over my original red torso stamp, and cut the image from the cartouch and re-attached them over a horizontal strip of lace.
Distress crackle in Rock Candy over the clock face and cog wheel. The snap fasteners were as I bought them, apart from a little light distressing with an ink pad to kill the orange slightly.
I used ruler tape just under the torn paper edging the top, then added a Tim Holtz ticket stamped with my own Beret Girl stamp design (from Blade Rubber Stamps if anyone is interested) and lightly tinted cheeks, eyes & lips with Distress inks.
I over-wrote the stamped lettering (Dawn Houser Shoe Fits stamp) with Lumiere ink and a very fine nozzle.
I thought you might like to see the 'before' and 'after' - it's not often I think to actually photograph any changes!

THE RAINBOW SILKS CANVASES


I had the pleasure of teaching a great bunch, who all did some wonderful work. Two ladies had to rush off so I didn't get photos of their canvases - so 7 out of 9 ain't bad - and if they read this, maybe they'd send me scans?

I lost my crib list of who was sitting where, so re the wonderful work you see here - please contact me so that I can credit you!

Comments