PINK SATURDAY - BRAG TIME

Poised, ready to rock!
It's been a miserable week due to ill health (more below) so I was totally delighted to get an email yesterday telling me my videos are up!





Collage:
A Guide To Vintage Scrapbooking


Blade Rubber Stamps asked me to do some scrapbooking videos for them, and the first few are now on VideoJug if anyone wants to take a look. Here's just one of them.

Definitely ready, camera turned on....
They're very short sound bites, nothing in-depth, and will probably have you rolling around on the floor, laughing your socks off.


Still waiting...
However, it's my first time in front of a camera so please make allowances. I will put them all on the blog as soon as I get the DVD from the company, without the adverts (sorry about the ads!). Here's the link for the Blade Rubber Blog, which I write (because I can, and because I'm addicted to blogging, lol).

Hope I'm making sense here
A 'baby' layout (Dierdre's baby is now a grown-up teenager and ready to lynch her mother for giving me the photos to use)
Dying for a coffee...
Wow! The coffee's finally arrived... we're also hoping for biscuits...

Here are some of the scrapbook pages demonstrated in the shoot:

MADE TO MEASURE - full view
Closeup of lettering
View showing some of the dimension - and the snap fasteners and safety pins
Closeup of lettering, showing the dimension. I used ink pads to colour the chipboard letters, then covered with Diamond Glaze and threw on some glitter to finish
 The 'baby' page:

Full page view of DINNER TIME featuring Dierdre's daughter Charlie
Closuep of the 3 dangly medallions - I used a circle cutter for these
Another closeup, showing these swing around freely (much fun!)

Another detail view, showing the chipboard lettering - painted white, then Snow glitter on top
And now for another vintage piece:

Vintage Chic - the full piece
Two layers of flowers + foam butterflies (glittered) to add dimension

Closeup
Another closeup, showing dimensionof chipboard letters (painted lime green, then glittered)
Finally, just one more piece (I should think you've had enough by now)

GUARDIAN ANGELS - closeup of ribbon, brads, photo corners
Closeup of lettering (stickers! See, you can find some nice ones)
GUARDIAN ANGELS - the full piece

Another closeup, showing the different papers  & layers
I'll load the rest during the week, once I've finished photographing them. I have to say the shoot was pretty nerve-wracking at first but went pretty smoothly. And yes, I'd do it again. Quite an experience!

And now I have to send BIG apologies to everyone who visited me last week - because I didn't visit back. In fact, I didn't visit anyone! So much for the big anniversary dinner: I woke up Saturday morning feeling fine, and by early evening was in bed... for the duration. Flu. Bad, nasty flu - we've both had it and have been housebound the entire week. I finally staggered out the house today to the nearest chemist for more Paracetamol, tissues and cough syrup. Isn't it always the way? The best laid plans etc...

pink saturday

Finally, please visit Beverly at How Sweet the Sound to see all the other wonderful Pink Saturday posts!

Comments