CARVE YOUR OWN STAMPS

I like carving my own stamps - it's easier than you'd think, and you can happily make things for sale or for digital products without any worries about copyright issues (as long as you draw your images yourself or use images from copyright-free sources).


Here's one I made, and the stamped image:



I did this some time ago, using an old lino cut set I found in a junk shop, using a (used) plastic eraser - Mars Staedler, if I remember correctly. Basically, I drew the image with a biro then started cutting! Took me around 10 minutes, start to finish. And things are much better now, with some really good ergonomically-designed cutters and "rubber" which cuts like a hot knife through butter. So no strain on the hands etc.

Here's a lovely little video by Vanessa Spencer for Stampington (she's one of my very favourite artists):





Sweet, simple and to the point! And some rather nice background music too.

Why not get carving?

Comments