THOUGHTS ACCORDING TO CHAIRPERSON ALPHA

AlphaButtonPusher is one of my very favourite people: she has a unique outlook on life, and her posts are always thought-provoking. I left one of my famously long-winded comments on one of her posts, and she suggested I make it a post in itself (I know she was pulling my leg, but I thought What the hell). So here you are:

Alpha's original post:


Image & text copyright AlphaButtonPusher





  • If you are reading this then this warning is for you
  • Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. 
  • Don't you have other things to do? 
  • Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it?
  • Do you read everything you're supposed to read?
  • Do you think every thing you're supposed to think?
  • Buy what you're told to want?
  • Get out of your apartment.
  • Meet a member of the opposite sex.
  • Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation.
  • Quit your job. Start a fight.
  • Prove you're alive.

Here's my answer - this post made me think, and made me want to respond (I don't do either very often):

"...But in deference to my advanced age and grey hairs, let me answer thusly:

  • I AM my job - artist, designer, A-grade Worrier
  • I'm definitely what money we have in the bank - we'r always one step away from the breadline.
  • We don't even have a car! (then again, in London you don't actually need one, and if you had it there isn't anywhere to park the thing)
  • For contents of wallet, see remark about money & bank
  • Do I read everything? Nope - probably why I'm often in trouble
  • My thoughts are definitely my own (bloshie and argumentative)
  • Buy what I'm told? No... but I'm a sucker for the latest art materials I see demonstrated, and I just got talked into buying the new Serif Photoplus programme... so maybe Yes...
  • Married to member of opposite sex
  • Can no longer afford it, and... puhleeese.. I'm 57... well over THAT kind of thing
  • Quit? Well, I quit the day job around 10 years ago. Quit this one? No - it's my raison de'etre.
  • I think I'm alive - I was last time I looked.

Excellent post, very thought provoking - and now you get windy comments from old farts like me!..."


If this post made you think - go to AlphaButtonPusher's site and make your comment - and stay to read more of her blog.

Comments

  1. AlpHa Buttonpusher7 October 2009 at 21:57

    LOL I wasn't joking. I'm sure everybody here will agree with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to both of you for pushing buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susie, I grabbed your cheeky little girl for Pink Saturday and Thank You. She's a charmer. I love the bright reds and primary colors on your blog and I cannot find anything similar to this. I'm a nut for bright. Thanks for all you share with us! Mollye

    ReplyDelete
  4. My gosh.. I HOPE I'm worth more than what's in my wallet!!!! (0; I have an little award for you at my place! No obligations or expectations attached.. Just for YOU! ~tina

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!