Bird Cage card - another Imagination Crafts DT project

Time for a quick card- using my favourite Birdcage and Cogs mask, plus the Weather Wash stencil, a stamp, some string and a couple of sequins.



Once again, I've used the Birdcage and Cogs mask, which I seem to be addicted to.


The background is the Weather Wash stencil, used with Structure Paste onto a torn piece of card from some packaging (painted first with some Sparkle Paint in Amethyst). I've used foam pads underneath to add dimension.

Once again, I've used Structure Paste - applying it very roughly with a palette knife to add texture.

This stuff is brilliant, and I must have used around half the pot already. Here, I used the mask on black card, cut it out and painted over the entire piece with black gesso - then went in with Starlights Wax in White Gold applied with a finger. This really made the detail stand out.

The text is the Script Family stamp, which I stamped onto heatproof acetate with white ink, then embossed in white. I cut out just a section, and mounted it on top of the background card and tucked it underneath the birdcage.


The final touch was a piece of string, tied in a bow. And a couple of sequins.

All products by Imagination Crafts - the link is in the sidebar.

Et voila!

Comments