WINGS - concertina journal

I've frazzled the ends of some of the organza ribbon ties, using a heat gun, which adds a nice bit of texture plus a little change of pace... I've also used Sari ribbon, double faced satin ribbon and grosgrain. The little pocket is a journalling block with one my own stamped tickets (I designed this stamp for BladeRubber Stamps and this is part of the Paris UM sheet)

Here's another Vintage Concertina Journal I've made - virtually finished (I just want to add a bit more art lettering to some of the pages before I post them).

Inside back cover, using vintage pix, Tim Holtz journalling ticket, paper flowers, Washi tape etc etc, plus some stamping.

These pages are simply pieces of very stiff card (around 280gsm) which I've edge with black distress ink.


Closeup of vintage image, also showing mica tile sandwiching glitter and vintage bird image. Lots of dimension here!

The Baby Page

Here's the full spread, using an Indigo Blu stamp for the quotation. The bird paper is a scrapbooking paper with glitter (wish I could remember the manufacturer as I'd like to buy more) and I've added real lace to the bottom of the baby's chest so the cut doesn't look too brutal! Such a sweet face.

Inside the front cover - real lace, a 7Gypsies journalling blogk, a vintage postcard, postage stamp, some Washi tape and a strip of tickets stamped with my lady from my own Paris set of UM stamps for BladeRubber Stamps.

As I mentioned in my previous post, anyone interested in making one of these for themselves might be interested in my new bookbinding tutorial: Vintage Concertina Journal (now in my Etsy shop and available as an instant download).This one comprises 5 sheets of card, which is 10 pages (work on both sides and stand up for display) which is a great journal/scrapbook size as it takes no time at all to fill up!

Hope you like it.

Comments