OP time

I've photoshopped myself into this Shorpy.com pic

Well, I can't believe how the time has flown - last Wednesday, I'm having my Pre-Op examination: nose swap swab (!!) for MRSA, ECG, blood pressure, weight and height.

A nasty side effect of old age - I've shrunk nearly an inch! I used to be a statuesque 5ft8in and now I'm a tiny 5ft7in - woe is me!And now it seems I've blinked twice ... and it's nearly tomorrow! No food after midnight (sorry, we've had Southern Fried Chicken and made pigs of ourselves but I just had to have it - blow the diet!) then up at 5.30am to be at the hospital well in time for 7.30am. RE the pre-med - at that time in the morning I'll already be half asleep, so I gues that will help...

You won't see another post from me for around two weeks, as I have to keep the foot elevated. So I suppose I'll just have to force myself to read and watch TV etc. Himself will be doing all the cooking, so I won't have to lift a finger, bless him. He's more nervous than I am - I am kind of excited, in a weird sort of way (and worrying how to get up a very steep flight of stairs to our first floor flat - on my bottom, hotching up step by step like a toddler, I guess.)

Wish me luck - back soon (I hope.....)

Comments